For all bachelor and master students of the Faculty for Mathematics and Computer Science
9. November 2022 • 14:00–16:00 Uhr
Mathematikon • Konferenzraum • 5. Stock • Im Neuenheimer Feld 205 • 69120 Heidelberg
- Informationen zur Planung und Durchführung eines Auslandssemesters im Studium
- Vorstellung von Partneruniversitäten und der 4EU+ European University Alliance
- Beratung, Direkte Gespräche, Vernetzung und Erfahrungsaustausch
Eure Ansprechpartner vor Ort:
- Prof. Dr. Peter Albers, Erasmus Fachkoordinator Mathematik
- Jun.Prof. Dr. Felix Joos, Erasmus Fachkoordinator Informatik
- Dr. Michael J. Winckler, Studienberater Master Scientific Computing
Download the slides from the presentations:
Students enrolled in Master course „Scientific Computing“ are encouraged to study for a semester abroad.
University of Heidelberg is offering different programs to apply for student exchange all over the world. Programs vary from language courses during semester breaks to exchange programs within study course programs as well as interns or examinations. For general information please visit the webpage of Heidelberg University. (Please note an English version of this webpage will soon be available).
During your studies in Scientific Computing we recommend to study abroad during your 3rd semester. Within this semester you have already got to know Heidelberg University and the program itself, but you have not yet started your Master Thesis.
You have 3 options for your semester abroad:
- organize the excahne on your own, for example with DAAD
- us the well established EU ERASMUS exchange program
- use IWR's worldwide network of partner institutions
For a first step try to figure out if you want to study on your own or within a mobility program. Choose where you want to study regarding your research interests and language proficiency. Mobility programs are offered by Heidelberg University. For further details and general questions on exchange programs please visit the foreign office of Heidelberg University.
If you are interested in research institutions close to the IWR, the IWR/HGS MathComp is offering a program as well.
Partner institutions of IWR at Heidelberg University are:
- Sorbonne, France (4EU+ partner)
- Copenhagen University, Denmark (4EU+ partner)
- Milan University, Italy (4EU+ partner)
- Charles University, Czech Republic (4EU+ partner)
- Warsaw University, Poland (4EU+ partner)
- University of Geneva (4EU+ partner)
- University of Luxemburg, Luxemburg
- Johannes Kepler University, Austria
This University is also enclosed within the ERASMUS+ Mobility Program of Heidelberg University.
- Partner Institutions of the SOKRATES/ERASMUS program coordinated by the Mathematics Department of Heidelberg University
- University of Delhi, Delhi
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
Please plan your semester abroad well ahead and contact Dr. Michael Winckler in due time to discuss next steps and how to proceed for financial support and crediting of the courses abroad.
Important remark: The administrative part of your semester abroad will be coordinated with the departmental ERASMUS coordinator for mathematics (currently Prof. Peter Albers). He will receive your application and will be your administrative contact for all formal questions of the exchange.